Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Lawrence Shultz

I decided to dedicate this blog entry to Lawrence Shultz.  According to some documentation I have discovered he self identifies as Larry Shultz.

I was very interested in doing some due diligence on Mr. Shultz, because he was not around when I was introduced to ESS.  He first appeared in the Civil Case as a third partner to Thomas Jennings and David Feuerborn.   From reading the documentation on PACER (mostly email exhibits) it looks as if most of the sales job to Freestone was done by Mr. Shultz.  I am not sure if this was a tactic to hide the identities of Feuerborn and Jennings, but one can assume that his role was a front man in order to mask their previous dealings.

I have found quite a bit of information on Larry Shultz on the internet that relates directly to the chemical, as well as information of his dealings with other companies.  To begin I will focus on his chemical blogging.  A simple search of tar sands and Larry Shultz was conducted in Google to find the following:

Tar Sand Blogging:

Larry Shultz commented on a Blog written by Susan Casey.  He uses his real name in the "Comment Section" of the Blog to discuss R6000.  He makes all sorts of environmental claims about the product that resemble the rhetoric of Feuerborn and Jennings during ESS.  He also gives his email address on the Blog as "larry411@gmail.com".  (Note: "Larry411" is the handle that the current demonstration videos are listed under on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Larry411)

Other Companies:

According to LinkedIn Mr. Shultz is currently an owner of a company called Larson Tech Ventures.  I can't really find too much information on Larsen Tech so I assume it is a shell company.  It could be the new company they are operating under for Cleansal.  (Note:  A cached version of Larry's LinkedIn page lists him as a Director at Freestone.  It goes on to state that he, "[w]rote EncapSol business plan and created company's Energy Bond equipment financing business model."  I am not sure what any of that means, but I haven't been able to find any corporate documentation issued by Freestone that supports his claim that he is, or ever was, a Director with the company.)  I plan on calling Freestone this week to ask if (a) Mr. Shultz was ever an employee or Director of the company, and (b) if they can disclose the beneficial owners of the stock in the ESS deal.  I will post my findings after that discussion. 

CryoTherm and Encore Clean Energy:

I found information on a company called Cryotherm where it states that Lawrence Mitchell Shultz is a Director.  This small bio is listed on Bloomberg Businessweek.  After reading this information I did a simple search including Mr. Shultz's name on these two companies.  Here are some links I found.

http://www.secinfo.com/dUqRq.3ed.htm
This link provides a more detailed bio on Larry Shultz and it also lists what I am assuming is a sibling or wife named Sally J. Shultz.   (Note: The bio claims that Sally went to UCLA School of Law, but I have searched the state bar of California and I could not find any record that she is a licensed attorney in the state of California.)  I cross referenced her name with the Civil Case and discovered a document pertaining to Larry Shultz that listed an individual named Sally Masserat.  This document was a Proof of Service Document.  At the bottom of this document it states, "Sally Masserat a.k.a Monica Ramirez first identified herself as Defendant's sister, then claimed to be his live-in maid when I advised her as to the nature of the documents" (Civil Case, Page 84).  I have to assume this is the same Sally.  I am not sure if she is further involved in the chemical business, but according to the SEC documentation she has worked with Mr. Shultz before.

Here is a copy of the Encore Clean Energy 13D filed on behalf of Mr. Shultz.

*UPDATE*

It looks like Mr. Shultz has had a run in with the SEC!  Check out this link: http://www.sec.gov/news/press/s72804/s72804-18.htm

Happy Election day!  Do your civic duty and go vote!

-ESS Investor

No comments:

Post a Comment